Burlington Business Association (BBA) 2013 Waterfront “FAM” TourJune 8, 2013
We’re back at Advantage Creations headquarters from the Burlington Business Association (BBA) 2013 Waterfront “FAM” Tour. Sponsored by Northern Lights & Burlington Bay.
The theme of meeting was to, “hear what [Burlington] Waterfront businesses have in store for Burlington this summer!” Many companies/ locations on the waterfront are already open for summer business or are planning to be in operation within the next 1-2 weeks. For example, the cruises, ECHO, the boathouse, Splash are now open, but the Ferries are expected to be operational within 1-2 weeks. More info at Ferries.com
The Bike Path is fully operational, having completed repairs in time for the Key Bank Vermont City Marathon last month, with the repaired areas being Lakeside Ave to Perkins pier, North of Starr Farm, Northshore area to N Ave ext, 127.
Many of the usual summertime events are going on as planned, with some new businesses added to the Waterfront, as well as Burlington favorites adding new features:
- A new 2013 Burlington Waterfront Map & Events is now available.
- Burlington Parks & Recreation hope to make improvements to the bike path, which is a major revenue generator. A recent UVM study estimated $4 million is generated from bike path visitors.
- CCTA will soon be expanding the Free College Street Shuttle to the bottom of College Street near ECHO, to fully connect the waterfront to the city of Burlington.
- ECHO will hold their popular annual Champ Fest Exhibit later on in 2013
- Hen of the Wood located in the newly built Hotel Vermont is slated to open in late July
- Skinny Pancake’s recently started expansion of the Lake St location is scheduled to be fully open for the city’s July 4th celebrations
- Ice Cream Bob’s has a new creemee machine, and has added new flavors, such as Mango, and Blackberry
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center will start to offer weekly morning yoga classes next to Lake Champlain in partnership with a local yoga studio
- Vermont Brewers Festival tickets in high demand this year, sold out within 34 hours of opening
- Vermont Lake Monsters 20th season opens June 20th, with newly renovated non concrete seats!
- Queen City Ghostwalk is starting their second year of the Wicked Waterfront tour, and offering complementary tours to other Burlington business owners
- BBA’s newest member, Burlington Segways has started their new business last month, and it’s a great way to see more of Burlington in the least amount of time
Below is a photo gallery (by Heavenly Ryan) of the Burlington Watefront Tour:
Below are some of the upcoming Burlington Downtown and Waterfront Events for 2013:
- May 26 – September 6 – Bigger Than T-Rex Exhibit at ECHO
- May 31 – June 9 – Discover Jazz Festival
- June 9th – 19th Annual Walk for the Animals
- June 15th – 18th 31st Annual LCI Father’s Day Fishing Derby
- June 15th – Women Helping Battered Women Race
- June 17 – Sept 4 – Vermont Lake Monsters Baseball Season
- June 22 – Burlington Wine and Food Festival
- Daily July – Aug, Wknds Sept – Oct – Causeway Bike Ferry
- July 3 – Burlington Independence Day Waterfront Celebration
- July 19-20 – Vermont Brewers Festival
- Aug 2-4 – Festival of Fools
- Aug 4 – Dragon Boat Festival
- Aug 7-9 – Sidewalk Sale – Church Street Marketplace and Burlington Town Center
- Aug 15-18 – Maritime Festival, Antique Boat Show & Non-Profit Palooza
- Sept 6-8 – Art Hop
- Sept 13-15 – Grace Potter Grand Point North
- Sept 14 – Jan 6 – Cool Moves Exhibit at ECHO
- Sept 20-21 – Burlington Book Festival – Downtown venues
- Sept 22 – Vermont Pride Parade & Festival
- Oct 11-20 – Vermont International Film Festival
- Oct 26 – Halloween Costume Parade and Festival – Church Street Marketplace & Burlington Town Center
- Nov 29 – Santa Claus Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony – Church Street Marketplace
- Dec 31 – First Night Burlington
- Feb 2 – Burlington Winter Festival
The morning cruise on the Northern Lights was great… the rain held off and some sun came through for a brief moment before returning to shore, making for a nice trip.
There was a great turnout and many speakers representing the Burlington Waterfront area businesses. Below are the waterfront area organizations represented:
- Northern Lights Cruises
- Waterfront Park/ North Beach
- Whistling Man Schooner
- Ice Cream Bob’s – Waterfront Ice Cream & Snacks
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum & Schooner Lois McClure
- College Street Shuttle to Chruch Street Marketplace – Schedule and Information
- Bicycling & Walking Along the Lake – Local Motion
- Waterfront Diving Center
- Breakwaters, Shanty on the Shore, & Burlington Bay Market
- Burlington Food and Wine Festival – VT Wine Merchants Co.
- Lake Champlain Maritime Festival
- Burlington Waterfront Welcome Center – LCRCC
- ECHO Lake Aquarium & Science Center
- Spirit of Ethan Allen
- Skinny Pancake
- Information Gallery
- VT Lake Monsters
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center
- Splash! at the Boathouse
- Dragonheart Vermont
- Cynthea’s Spa – Boater bags at Harbormaster’s Office
- SugarSnap at ECHO
- Queen City Ghostwalk’s – Wicked Waterfront Tours
- Hotel Vermont
- Burlington Segway Tours – Newest BBA member
Thanks to Kelly Devine and staff of the BBA, the speakers, and staff of the Northern Lights for a great morning cruise on the beautiful Lake Champlain and for an encouraging outlook on this year’s Burlington summer season!
Please feel free to post any corrections or updates as a comment below…