Advantage Creations is proud to announce that we have upgraded Cart32 to Cart32 V7.0! Below are just some of the new features in this new version:
- Integrated Payment Gateway (Cart32 Gateway)
- Virtual Terminal & Virtual POS
- Integrated Store Builder (Beta)
- Checkout By Amazon & Amazon Simple Pay
- PayPal’s Payflow Pro update
- Add your own admin users with custom restrictions
- New customization options
- Stronger encryption
- Support for split knowledge dual control key management (required by PCI DSS)
- Improved user interface
- AJAX features to improve speed and usability
- Many performance improvements, tweaks and minor changes
For all customers currently using Cart32 V6.4 with us… you are all automatically upgraded to Cart32 V7.0! You don’t have to do a thing and there is no additional cost to you. Login to the new administration panel and enjoy!
I’ve been looking at the new system and some of the new features that stick out to me as being really usefull are the following..
- The integration of Store32 is really cool. This will enable you to generate and maintain your entire retail store within Cart32. Just enter your ftp information and generate your store pages within Cart32. Store pages are uploaded to your domain, while the Cart32 checkout pages are located on Cart32’s own secure server to ensure a safe and secure checkout for you and your customers.
- Ability to modify Cart32 templates within Cart32. In previous versions, you needed to modify the pages and upload them outside of Cart32. Now you can do all this within Cart32 itself.
- Amazon Payments – With Cart32 V7.0, Amazon Payments is integrated into your installation free of charge (Google Checkout still requires an extra module to be purchased). I don’t currently accept Amazon Payments for my own retail websites, but I will be checking this out as I think it’s a good idea to provide as many payment options to your customers as reasonably possible.
- Cart32Gateway is also included and they have some decent rates. Currently set at 2.17% plus .27 per transaction. The 2.17% is lower than my current rate but the transaction fee of .27 is higher than my current rate. It looks like I would do better with Cart32Gateway on orders over $20, but better with my current provider with orders under $20. However, the difference for orders under $20 is fairly small and it be more convenient to be able to do all my order credit card processing within Cart32. A really nice option to have.
When I heard about the new version of Cart32, I was first hesitant to upgrade as I was worried about any disruption or incompatibilities with existing store data, but everything went very smooth and everything seems to be running great with the new version.