MailPoet has been bought by WooCommerce/AutomatticDecember 7, 2020
Today MailPoet announced that they are joining WooCommerce which is also owned by Automattic, the firm behind WordPress. This should help strengthen the compatibility with future versions of WordPress and WooCommerce and help ensure that development of MailPoet continues indefinitely.
Click here to read more including FAQs regarding the deal.
Many of our clients use MailPoet with their websites. It’s our preferred option for email marketing. We prefer it over MailChimp and Constant Contact. It’s really a no-brainer especially if your website is WordPress-based as it’s fully integrated with your website.
- MailPoet is able to automatically sync with existing WordPress users and customers.
- Subscribers can manage there subscriptions directly on your site.
- Analytics and tracking are more accurate.
- The plugin is quite easy to us and it’s fairly easy to create professional emails.
- You can even automate newsletters by setting up a periodic newsletter weekly or monthly based on the most recent blog posts.
- You also can use it manage/customize the transactional emails for WooCommerce.
It’s really powerful!
MailPoet has their own servers for sending email, which you can use for free with 1ooo or less subscribers. However, we do prefer to use Amazon SES for this. Amazon’s servers are highly trusted and therefore we have a very high level of success with getting emails into subscribers inboxes. Amazon’s SES service is dirt cheap at only $0.10 for every 1,000 emails you send. Combining MailPoet with Amazon SES is a fantastic combination that we believe is superior to MailChimp or Constant Contact.
For those not using WordPress for their website and would like another free robust system for managing email lists/campaigns we suggest Mautic with Amazon SES.
Contact us if you wish to discuss email marketing further.