Just got back from the Burlington Business Association (BBA) 2011 Waterfront “FAM” Tour.
The general theme was that the Burlington Waterfront is open for business! Many companies/ locations on the waterfront are either open for business currently or plan to be in operation within the next 1-2 weeks. For example, the cruises, ECHO, the boathouse, Splash are now open, but the Schooner and Maritime Museum are expected to be operational within 1-2 weeks.
The Ferries and the Lake Monsters are planning on reopening their waterfront location as the building is structurally sound.
The Bike Path has parts closed due to repairs, most notable areas are Lakeside Ave N to Perkins pier, North of Starr Farm, Northshore area to N Ave ext, 127.
The concern is that many people may believe that nothing is open on the watefront due to all the flooding but today many organization spoke to dismiss these concerns and that much is open and ready and the rest is planning to be opening very soon. Also, many of the usual events are going on as planned. So let everyone know that the Burlington Waterfront is open for business!
Below is a photo gallery (by Heavenly Ryan) of the Burlington Watefront Tour:
Below are some of the upcoming Burlington Downtown and Waterfront Events for 2011:
- June 3-12 – Discover Jazz Festival
- June 12 – 17th Annual Walk for the Animals
- June 17 – Sept 4 – Vermont Lake Monsters Baseball Season
- June 18-20 – 30th Annual LCI Father’s Day Fishing Derby
- June 25 – Burlington Wine and Food Festival
- June 2 – Sept 5 – Causeway Bike Ferry
- July 3 – Burlington Independence Day Waterfront Celebration
- July 15-16 – Vermont Brewers Festival
- July 22-23 – Regatta for Lake Champlain at ECHO and Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center
- July 23 – Vermont Pride Parade and Festival
- July 27-39 – Sidewalk Sale – Church Street Marketplace and Burlington Town Center
- July 29-31 – Champlain Valley Folk Festival
- Aug 5-7 – Festival of Fools
- Aug 7 – Dragon Boat Festival
- Aug 12-14 – Maritime Festival and Antique Boat Show
- Aug 19-20 – USA Triathalon
- Sept 9-10 – Art Hop
- Sept 9-11 – Marketfest and Mar “KID” Fest
- Sept 18 – Latino Festival
- Sept 23-25 – Burlington Book Festival – Downtown venues
- Sept 23-25 – Nor’Easter
- Oct 21-30 – Vermont International Film Festival
- Oct 22 – Halloween Costume Parade and Festival
- Nov 25 – Santa Claus Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony – Church Street Marketplace
- Dec 31 – First Night Burlington
The morning cruise on the Spirit of Ethan Allen was great… the rain let up and some sun came through making for a nice trip.
There was a great turnout and many speakers representing the Burlington Waterfront area businesses. Below are the organizations represented:
- Waterfront Park/ North Beach
- Whistling Man Schooner
- Ice Cream Bob – Waterfront Ice Cream & Snacks
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum & Schooner Lois McClure
- College Street Shuttle to Chruch Street Marketplace – Schedule and Information
- Bicycling & Walking Along the Lake – Local Motion
- Waterfront Diving Center
- Breakwaters, Shanty on the Shore, Burlington Bay & Northern Lights
- Burlington Food and Wine Festival – June 25th – VT Wine Merchants Co.
- Lake Champlain Maritime Festival – August 12 to 14th
- Burlington Waterfront Welcome Center – LCRCC
- ECHO LAke Aquarium & Science Center
- Moonlight Lady & Spirit of Ethan Allen
- Skinny Pancake
- Information Gallery
- VT Lake Monsters
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center
- Lake Champlain International 30th Father’s Day Fishing Derby
Thanks to Kelly Devine and staff of the BBA, the speakers, and staff of the Spirit of Ethan Allen for a great morning cruise on the beautiful Lake Champlain and for an encouraging outlook on this year’s Burlington summer season!
Please feel free to post any corrections or updates as a comment below…