We’re back at Advantage Creations headquarters from the Burlington Business Association (BBA) 2014 Waterfront “FAM” Tour, Sponsored by Spirit of Ethan Allen.
The annual theme of meeting is to, “hear what [Burlington] Waterfront businesses have in store for Burlington this summer!” Many companies and locations on the Burlington waterfront are already open for summer business!
Many of the annual Burlington summertime events are scheduled, with some new developments to be added to the Waterfront, as well as Burlington favorites adding new features:
- The Information kiosk is celebrating their 30th year with a new 2014 Burlington Waterfront Map & Events – now available.
- Vermont Brewers Festival tickets were in high demand this year, sold out completely within 11 minutes of opening!
- Burlington Parks & Recreation hopes to make major improvements to the bike path and waterfront area beginning this fall, which is a major revenue generator for the city of Burlington.
- CCTA will continue the expansion of the Free College Street Shuttle to the bottom of College Street near ECHO, to fully connect the waterfront to the city of Burlington.
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center is celebrating their 20th year on the Burlington waterfront
- ECHO is celebrating their 11th year on the waterfront with their first July 3rd event, “Celebrate the Lake”
- Splash has recently upgraded their patio’s awning with help from fellow BBA member Otter Creek Awnings
- Ice Cream Bob’s celebrating their 11th year on the Burlington Waterfront, and has upgraded his patio with Splash’s former awning
- Burlington Segways has started their second year of business last month, and was listed as #1 in Burlington activities on TripAdvisor!
- Local Motion’s bike ferry will be starting shortly until September, connecting Burlington area to the islands
- Hotel Vermont is celebrating their first year anniversary in business, with celebration of their TripAdvisor Hotel of the year award!
- Juniper restaurant (inside of Hotel Vermont) will be starting to serve lunch, as well as a new addition of Argentine Asado Barbecue on their menu soon!
Below is a photo gallery (by Heavenly Ryan) of the Burlington Watefront Tour:
Below are some of the upcoming Burlington Downtown and Waterfront Events for 2014:
- May 24 – September 1 – Keva Planks: Fusion of Art & Science Exhibit at ECHO
- June 15th – 20th Annual Walk for the Animals
- June 14th – 16th 32nd Annual LCI Father’s Day Fishing Derby
- June 14th – Women Helping Battered Women Race
- June 13th – Sept 1 – Vermont Lake Monsters Baseball Season
- June 21st – Burlington Wine and Food Festival
- June 21 – Sept 13 – Shipwreck Tours (Saturdays)
- Daily July – Aug, Wknds Sept – Oct – Causeway Bike Ferry
- July 3 – Burlington Independence Day Waterfront Celebration
- July 18-19 – Vermont Brewers Festival – sold out!
- July 19 – Regatta for Lake Champlain
- Aug 1-3 – Festival of Fools
- Aug 3 – Dragon Boat Festival
- Aug 6-8 – Sidewalk Sale – Church Street Marketplace and Burlington Town Center
- Aug 7-10 – Maritime Festival & Antique Boat Show
- Sept 5-7 – Art Hop – 22nd year!
- Sept 13-14 – Grace Potter’s Grand Point North Music Festival
- Sept 13 – Jan 4 – Coffee: The World in Your Cup Exhibit at ECHO
- Sept 14 – Vermont Pride Parade & Festival
- Sept 19-21 – Burlington Book Festival – Downtown venues
- Oct 14 – Nov 2 – Vermont International Film Festival
- Nov 28 – Santa Claus Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony – Church Street Marketplace
- Dec 31 – First Night Burlington
- Jan 31 – Burlington Winter Festival
The morning cruise on the Spirit of Ethan Allen III was great, even with the rain, as fellow BBA member Josh Palace of Spirit of Ethan Allen said, “Every Day is a beautiful day on the Lake!”
There was a great turnout and many speakers representing the Burlington Waterfront area businesses. Below are the waterfront area organizations represented:
- Spirit of Ethan Allen
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center
- PPD Brochure Distribution / Blue Map – 2014 Burlington Waterfront Map & Events available!
- Courtyard Burlington Harbor / Bleu Northeast Seafood
- Burlington Parks & Recreation & Waterfront
- Queen City Ghostwalk’s – Wicked Waterfront Tours
- SugarSnap at ECHO
- Whistling Man Schooner
- Lake Champlain Maritime Festival
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Ice Cream Bob’s – Waterfront Ice Cream & Snacks
- Gobeille Hospitality group & Northern Lights Cruises
- Breakwaters, Shanty on the Shore, & Burlington Bay Market
- Waterfront Diving Center
- Burlington Segway Tours
- VT Lake Monsters
- Bicycling & Walking Along the Lake – Local Motion
- ECHO Lake Aquarium & Science Center
- Burlington Electric Department
- Dragonheart Vermont
- Hotel Vermont
- Burlington Food and Wine Festival – VT Wine Merchants Co.
- College Street Shuttle to Church Street Marketplace – Schedule and Information
Thanks to Kelly Devine and staff of the BBA, the speakers, and friendly staff of the Spirit of Ethan Allen III for a great morning cruise on the beautiful Lake Champlain and for an encouraging outlook on 2014’s Burlington summer season!
Please feel free to post any corrections or updates as a comment below…